We are dedicated to helping aging adults, veterans, and those with disabilities in the Denver Metro Area. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests!
Rebuilding Together Metro Denver Program Coordinator
(To apply, please submit resume to Jodie Liddy, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rebuilding Together Metro Denver (RTMD) is the leading provider of repair services for homeowners in need throughout the seven-county metro area. Founded in 1999, RTMD has served hundreds of economically challenged communities and thousands of low-income homeowners particularly veterans, older adults, and people with disabilities. Our mission is: repair homes, revitalize communities, rebuild lives. Our vision is safe homes and communities for everyone.
Program Coordinator will provide professional, quality services to the homeowners and volunteers served by RTMD. The Program Coordinator works directly with the Executive Director, Project Handyman and Board Committees to ensure operational needs are met.
• $25 to $30 an hour (depending on experience)
• Part-time (approximately 20 hours per week)
• Flexible schedule
• Paid time off
• This position does not have health insurance benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Executive Director in networking with strategic partners for client referrals.
• Maintain network of potential partner organizations for projects in specified neighborhoods.
• Work with neighborhood representatives to identify homeowner applicants.
• Translate program outreach materials into Spanish
• Facilitate outreach activities in both English and Spanish
Homeowner and Nonprofit Liaison
• Serve as front line contact with homeowner applicants and clients.
• Help determine home repair projects that will be completed each year.
• Assist Project Handyman to provide project assessment and determine best repair delivery method.
• Assist Project Handyman to develop work scope individual client projects.
• Work with subcontractors to obtain bids, sub contracts and project completion as needed.
• Investigate and resolve client complaints or concerns.
• Provide data and biographical information for grant and report writing and the development of new funding sources.
• Ensure Safety Program is constantly enforced on all project sites.
• Serve as RTMD representative in welcoming volunteers and dignitaries during opening remarks and throughout the day as needed.
• Provide crisis management on jobsite as needed.
• Review work scopes and budgets for completeness and ability to provide a productive day for the number of volunteers being used.
• Oversee supply inventory and ensure functionality of operations.
• Ensure project files are maintained and up to date.
• Attend Board Meetings at the direction of the Executive Director. Presentations to the Board of Directors may be required.
• Maintain working relationships with community agencies and organizations.
• Maintain a pattern of regular work hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to work some evenings and weekends.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and data management, and proficient with the Internet.
• General knowledge in the field of the problems faced by low-income homeowners, older adults and persons living with disabilities, preferred.
• Experience working in a non-profit, preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish, required.
• Must have access to a personal vehicle, CO driver’s license and be able to drive, day and evening hours.
• Good spelling, grammar, editing, proofreading and figure aptitude skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Able to write general correspondence and reports.
• Able to organize and handle multitasks and meet deadlines.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to be a team player and possess a positive and helpful demeanor.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and be part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Be flexible.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Telephone proficiency – this position requires 50% time client services via telephone.
• Type frequently.
• Drive sometimes.
• Sit frequently.
• Stand frequently.
• Walk frequently and flights of stairs.
• Lift 25 pounds or more.
Please visit our volunteer page to learn about more ways you can get involved with Rebuilding Together Metro Denver!